I am actually rather impressed with myself that I not only remembered, but also managed to take B's 8 month pictures at 6:30 this morning.
Still no teeth. I thought we might have a crawler for a minute there, but it looks like he might be just as happy rolling his way around. The second that I put him on his stomach, he rolls to his back. But then, if he sees something that he wants, he keeps rolling, and rolling, and rolling until he gets to it.
We have discovered that he can stand unassisted holding onto something. He likes to stand next to the coffee table and hit it as hard as he possibly can. Ladies and gentlemen, this boy is a bruiser. I am quite nervous for the day that he learns to pull himself up on things and really be mobile. Quite honestly, I am also nervous for the other kids at the daycare. He already doesn't seem to recognize his own strength. Ah well, should be a good time :)
Ben has decided that he no longer likes to be fed. He wants to do it himself. I let him.
Though not much of it actually makes its way into his mouth, he is happy with himself. Whatever you do - don't try to take the spoon away from him. (notice him storing it in the pocket of his bib - don't mess with the spoon).
We couldn't be happier with this little man's development. There seems to be something new every single day and I look forward to it non-stop.
Onto Fathers Day. I had been asking J what he wanted to do for a week or two with no real answer. Guess there wasn't anything specific that he had in mind, with the exception of mowing the lawn. He really wanted to get that done. So he did. Then he cleaned the cat box, then the dishes. SO not what I would do on Mother's Day but I cannot complain! We did go to a BBQ at his co-workers house on Saturday, which was fun. They live in an old farmhouse on tons of land and it was an absolutely gorgeous day. Lots of good food, drink, babies, dogs and fun :)
Ben and I did get J a pretty nifty Father's Day gift that has yet to get here. Fed Ex is taking their sweet time but, I will post pics of that once it arrives and we get to try it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment