I am happy to report that we finally heard the word "normal" coming from the mouth of our pediatrician upon peering into Ben's ears last Monday. I believe that this is the first time that has happened since B was born and it comes as sweet music to my own ears.
Even though we had our follow up appointment with the ENT on Friday, B had been pulling at his ears pretty much non-stop. If he did have another EI, I didn't want to chance giving it a week to fester - so into the peds we went.
Dr. Z said that he likely has just discovered that his ears are there and fun to pull on. He also thinks that the persistent ear grabbing could be a result of his two front top teeth making their way in. He suspects that they will both be in before month's end.
I definitely could have guessed this, judging by Mr. B's sudden attitude. He knows what he wants and he wants it NOW. He's been pretty irritable as of late. We have given him Ad.vil a couple of times and it seems to help. I just hate to give him drugs if I don't absolutely have to. I just want to see those TEETH!! Everything that I have read says that those first teeth should be making their appearance around 4-7 months of age. Hello? We are almost at 8 months - where are they?
I have to admit that it worries me slightly. While I had all of my baby teeth, I was born without three adult teeth. Yes, I still have two baby teeth. They are practically just place holders, filled with gorgeous silver filling (sense my sarcasm here?) with no real root and will have to be taken out sooner or later. I am crossing all crossables that this is not something that B will have to deal with. I hope he gets his daddy's teeth! (even if they did cost his parents a small fortune while he was growing up - at least he has no cavities!)
Our visit to the ENT confirmed what the Ped said and his ears checked out completely normal. The other great thing about that appointment was that they did a hearing test for the first time since all of the EI's and everything is completely in the normal range for his age. HOORAY!
Little man turns 8 (EIGHT!) months old this Sunday (Father's Day). Maybe I will make a cake. Just because well, we like cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment