Monday, February 14, 2011

Love.

I have always liked Valentines day. Even though I do feel that it is a "holiday" manufactured by card companies, what is the harm in taking a day out of the year to recognize your loved ones by reminding them that you love them and maybe spark a little romance in your relationship?

This year, of course, is different. Instead of one Valentine, I have two!

A year ago yesterday was the day that I tested and got the faintest second line. There was no mistaking that it was there. Oh the hope and excitement that little piece of plastic brought that morning! Even after everything that we did to achieve the pregnancy, I still remember the feeling of shock. Oh my God, it was actually happening. Then came all of the 'what-if's?. Will we be good parents? can we really afford this? What if the test is wrong? What if something happens to the pregnancy? I guess my attitude about taking things one day at a time, had aided in not being overwhelmed by all of these things leading up to this day, but now it was real. Now these worries actually applied to our situation.

We spent that day in MA to attend the wedding of some friends and stayed overnight at the hotel that it was held at. I look back at those pictures and remember the hope and excitement that we were feeling. It was evident in the way that we were smiling ear to ear. We knew that it wasn't for certain. We had to wait for the blood tests to confirm. But there was so much hope. Heck, we had to wait 9 months until we held him in our arms to see that this was real and I can honestly say that it STILL feels like we are living in a dream.

I never in a million years could have imagined the love that I feel for this little guy. The love that I have for my husband for the way that takes care of both of us.
I guess you could say that I am lucky in love :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment