Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fatigue.

Ben still does not sleep through the night. There are times when I feel like I am used to it and I can still function and get through each day just fine.

Then there are days like today. Days that I feel like a walking zombie. Days that my eyes are burning with deep, dark circles under them. Days that I can’t seem to comprehend or focus on absolutely anything.

Amazingly I have managed to get up, come to work, complete proposals and correspond with coworkers as if I am mentally here. The human body is an amazing thing, which is good because I still have over an hour left in the office and a drive home in nasty weather to look forward to.

Ben goes to sleep around 8 and has always woken up around 2 am and 4 am to eat, followed by being up for good around 6. For some reason this week he has decided that he is done sleeping at 5. This is no good for either J or I. That extra hour of sleep is vital!

We are looking forward to his 4 month (!!!) well visit in a few weeks with Dr. Z, as he has already mentioned that we would be discussing starting him on some cereal. After all, he is downing at least 35 oz of breast milk per day and is weighing in at a whopping 16 lbs. I know that some say that it is not true that feeding a baby cereal will keep them full longer and help them to start sleeping through the night, but I am going to keep my fingers crossed that it does.

Just when I feel like I am about to collapse and positively nothing could hold my interest for another second to prevent me from falling asleep, I see this…



and I manage to stay awake for awhile longer - just to see that smile.

1 comment:

  1. He is so big and SUCH a cutie!

    Emmett has put us through the wringer with sleep, or lack thereof. He started reverse cycling when I went back to work and would get up 3-5 times a night. Things are getting better now, but he still wakes up a few times every night, more for Mommy cuddles than food.

    Here's hoping that Ben is a better sleeper than Emmett!

    ReplyDelete