We have been busy bee's the past month or so and I have a lot to report. Here's a quick recap.
We brought Ben to his first Red Sox game mid-April. The day before was in the mid seventies and the sun was shining brightly. Go figure that the following day was THIRTY FIVE degrees. We bundled up and still had a good time (how could you not with the awesome seats that I scored!).
Ben met the Easter Bunny.
Easter was spent visiting our families in VT. It was nice to get away for a few days (even if it did mean hours of packing and filling the car to the ceiling with unnecessary "necessities" numerous times over again).
Momma & B on Church Street
B being his adorable little self.
Little
We participated in the 7th annual 12,402 Steps to Cure Sarcoma Walk. I believe that this was our 4th year walking. The cause is near and dear to our hearts as the proceeds directly benefit the cancer center and doctors that were instrumental in Justin's care. In fact, the Dr. who treated him treats every single patient at Mass General with Sarcoma.
There are a few factors that made this years walk very special for us. For one, this year marks 5 years of Justin being in remission! Two, I was so proud to be able to attend the walk with not only my healthy husband, but with our little miracle in tow!!
I walk my 12,402 Steps in Honor of... My Daddy
J Carried Ben as the Survivors kicked off the walk
J, his Doctor and Ben
Little man
Nephew Isaiah and Ben after the walk
After the walk, we came home, rushed around picked things up and got food prepared for a houseful of guests. We wanted to have a small celebration for Justin's 5 years with close family and friends. It was very exciting that we had so much family that were able to make the party and traveled all the way from VT to be here to celebrate with us!
The next day, I celebrated my very first Mothers Day! Because all of the family was still here, we decided to do something fun and spent it at the zoo. It was wonderful. They served us a delicious brunch and even had a little mini spa area set up for a special treat for the moms.
At brunch. Before Ben smashed his hand into my mashed potatoes :-)
My beautiful sister with her pot holder and flower from my nephew.
Our family.
Daddy and B coloring my pot holder :-)
The family at the zoo before they departed on their long journey home.
My Mothers Day goods
I am one lucky gal!
Thanks for your comment on my blog this week. Your baby boy is beautiful...so very glad to be reminded all the infertility craziness can turn into a happy ending...
ReplyDeletexoxo
I can't believe he's gotten so big! Adorable!
ReplyDelete