Wednesday, March 23, 2011
5 Months.
I can hardly believe that Ben is already 5 months old. It really seems like yesterday when we were bringing him home. Yet, at the same time, it feels like he has been here forever. In a way, I believe that he has. All the time that I spent even before I was pregnant, dreaming about him and what our life would be like as a family. He was there the whole time. Just waiting for the right moment to join us :-)
I think that this month has been the most exciting in terms of milestones, by far.
Here are some that I am especially proud of:
~Rolling over! We haven't yet mastered back to belly, but we have stomach to back down pretty good. I believe it is because he thinks being on his stomach is pure torture, but hey - he can roll over!
~Reaching towards objects he wants. Which is everything. Because he believes that everything needs to be in his mouth NOW. No exceptions. He can hold on to his toys and put his pacifier back in this mouth. He literally lunges toward Sophie (his rubber Giraffe) at full force as if he is a lion on the hunt, growling and all until her head is in his mouth and he is gnawing away.
~His Irish jig. Seriously folks, Ben is the best darn jig dancer this side of Wakefield street. I cannot begin to explain this and will just have to post the video that will be recorded tomorrow morning at daycare. Yes, the women at the daycare have requested that we video it and send it to the Today show. It is that good.
~Tonight has brought us a new milestone, one I am particularly excited about. After trying to feed him rice cereal for the past month and him making faces and spitting it back out (with the exception of one time and I think that might have been a fluke), we had some success tonight! I finally decided to try a different brand after I tasted what I had been trying to feed him to see what the faces were all about. I don't know whose face was worse. Seriously. I had good intentions with the whole grain, no artificial ingredients, organic stuff but, man. I wouldn't want to eat that crap either. So, now we have moved on to the better (tasting) stuff and I couldn't seem to get it in his mouth fast enough.
~This one is more of a brag, but I couldn't resist. The owner of the daycare called me at work the other day so that I could hear him belly laugh. I have heard this numerous time before because he has been laughing for awhile, but to hear it over the phone while at work completely brightened my day. She told me that she just had to get me on the phone to tell me what a beautiful child I have and let me know that she had never seen a 4 1/2 month old with better disposition. :-)
We are so very lucky to have this miracle in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Growling at Sophie is quickly becoming a favorite pastime over here, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI love our happy boys. ♥